“When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen.” Jeremiah 29:12
Have you ever considered becoming a Christian? Have you wondered how you can accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior?
To understand God’s invitation to join his family, follow along below. Be sure to e-mail us at the end of the page and let us know about your new desicion to follow Christ. Welcome to the family.
- Your heart tends to run from God and rebel against Him. The Bible calls this “sin.” Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
- Yet God loves you and wants to save you from sin, to offer you a new life of hope. John 10:10 says, “I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full.”
- To give you this gift of salvation, God made a way through His Son, Jesus Christ. Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- You receive this gift by faith alone. Ephesians 2:8 says, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast.”
- Faith is a decision of your heart demonstrated by the actions of your life. Romans 10:9 says, “If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”
If you are choosing right now to believe Jesus died for your sins and to receive new life through Him, pray a prayer similar to this to thank Him for your new life:
- “Dear God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died to forgive me of my sins. I now accept Your offer of eternal life. Thank You for forgiving me of all my sin. Thank you for my new life. From this day forward, I will choose to follow You.”
- If you prayed this prayer, share your decision with a Christian friend or pastor. If you are not already attending church, find one in which you can worship and grow in your faith. Following Christ’s example, ask to be baptized as a public expression of your faith.
We’d love to hear about your decision to follow Christ. Please let us know by sending us an e-mail.